The club kit consists of:-
- Swimming trunks or costume (black)
- Swimming hat (purple with yellow club name/logo)
- Tee-bag (mesh style top) for use during galas on pool-side (purple, yellow and black with club name/logo)
- Tracksuit jacket* (Purple, yellow and black with club name/logo)
- Tracksuit trousers/shorts (black) – optional
*Only available for Speedo/junior league squad members, issued on loan for £15 returnable deposit.Club T-shirts/bags must be worn on poolside when swimmers are competing in galas.Club tracksuits should be worn at all meetings, when representing the club.
Discipline and Safety
- Swimmers arriving late for training may not be allowed to start that session. (Permission granted at the discretion of the session coach/organiser).
- ‘Millfield’ training is only available as additional training, not instead of standard/regular training sessions.
- Swimmers must inform Teachers/Instructors if they wish to leave the pool at any time during training.
- Always walk, never run, on the poolside.
- Never push anyone into the water.
- Do not wear jewellery in the water.
- Always listen and obey instructions from your Teacher/Coach.
- Four blasts from the whistle means leave the water as quickly as possible.
- Do not dive into the shallow end of the pool unless under the supervision of a teacher or coach.
- Never enter the pool until instructed to do so.
- Always check before jumping or diving into the pool, there may be swimmers below you.
- Misbehaviour will not be tolerated. It could result in suspension or expulsion from the club.
- Do not swim if you have an illness… it’s not good for you or others in the pool.
- Do not swim with any form of open wound or sore. It may spread infection.
- Infections such as verrucas or athletes foot must be treated and precautions taken before swimming (consult your teacher/coach)
- Always shower, use the toilet, blow your nose and use the footbath before entering the pool area.
- Swimmers with long-medium length hair must wear a swimming hat.
- Never eat sweets or chew gum when swimming.
- Do not bring food or sweets onto the poolside.
- Never wear outside shoes on the poolside.